Folks tend to forget phone numbers, logos, names and URLs… but they don't forget faces typically. It's why we recommend that all of our customers get their faces out there! More and more, our social presence, our blog posts and even our search results are beginning to show faces. A friendly face is a comforting gateway to get prospects in front of you and they should not be underestimated.
Trust me, I don't put my big ‘ol mug everywhere because I'm in love with myself. I do it so that folks continue to recognize me. So… drop everything and do the following:
- E ʻike i kahi mea paʻi kiʻi maikaʻi – don't leave your image to an iPhone camera or your laptop… a great photographer will set the lighting, and provide you with an image of depth that matches your personality. We love Paul D'Andrea's hana! Hilinaʻi i kā lākou hoʻoholo ʻana ma ka hoʻonohonoho a me ka hiʻona!
- Kāinoa no a Gravatar hoike – upload your image, add and confirm all of your email addresses. Gravatar is utilized by most of the commenting systems in addition to WordPress (who owns the platform) and it's respected universally. Now your face will display consistently whether you're in a comment or on a WordPress profile.
- Kākau inoa no Google+ - Inā ʻoe e hoʻohui i nā pūnaewele āu e hāʻawi ai i kāu ʻikepili Google+, e hōʻike ʻia kāu kiʻi i nā hopena ʻimi inā aia ka māka kākau i loko o ka pūnaewele. I kekahi manawa hōʻike ʻo Google+ i kāu kiʻi me ka ʻole o ka māka.
- Hoʻopiha i kāu ʻike WordPress - nā plugina maikaʻi e like Yoast's WordPress SEO plugin hoʻohui i nā māla e kau ai i kāu ʻikepili Google+, e hāʻawi ana i ka markup pono e hōʻike ai i kāu kiʻi i nā hopena ʻimi.
- E hoʻāʻo e mālama i kāu mau kiʻi kūlike ma o kāu ʻike pili pūnaewele. When someone begins to see your face on a blog comment, then in Facebook, and on Twitter, they're more likely to become a fan, follower or even a customer! I've literally had people walk up to me from Paris to San Francisco who recognized me by my photo… it's paid off in dividends!
As a professional in the space, I would recommend against cartoons (unless you're a cartoonist) or some other image. Unless they have a rare disorder known as prosopagnosia, ʻike ke kanaka i nā helehelena ʻoi aku ka maikaʻi ma mua o ka hoʻomanaʻo ʻana i nā kikoʻī ʻē aʻe e pili ana i kāu ʻoihana a i kāu huahana a me nā lawelawe.
PS: Ua hoʻokumu ʻia kēia pou blog e kā mākou luna papahana, ʻO Lis Lisak, ke hoʻouna nei i kahi leka uila maikaʻi i kahi mea kūʻai aku e wehewehe nei i ka mea like.