I kekahi manawa he manaʻo biliona koʻu. Minamina (a laki paha), ʻaʻole aʻu kālā e hoʻopukapuka ai i kaʻu mau manaʻo biliona kālā. Lana koʻu manaʻo e lawe kekahi iaʻu i kēia.
I'm overweight. It's a combination of bad eating habits and a sedentary lifestyle. Both are my fault. And when I go out to eat, no matter where I go, serving sizes are HUGE. Even if I order a small veggie sub, it's at least 2 servings. Did you know the average American serving at a restaurant is about 5 manawa i kahi nui lawelawe maʻamau? Auwe!
I don't have to eat the entire plate of food, I know. You have to admit it's nearly impossible to try to calculate how many servings are actually on the plate…. hmmm.
So here's my idea! Someone should start a restaurant called “Single Servings”. Sure, we can dress up the name, perhaps “Une Assiette” where the plates are large and the servings are simply for one. I believe there's a few reasons why a restaurant chain like this would succeed:
- Fat guys like me would have to go there for lunch just to show that we're making an effort.
- Less food, same price! That's a bigger profit per pound.
- Less food, cooks faster! That's more tables sold per hour.
- If I didn't go there for lunch, skinny people at work would pressure me into going so they show that they care. Like when they ask me if I want to go for a walk at lunch. 😉
- ʻO nā hui e makemake ana i nā limahana e ʻai i ke olakino e kauoha wale lākou mai kahi hale ʻaina e like me kēia.
E maʻalahi ka tagline no Une Assiette, ʻeā? Makemake wau, "Hōʻalo i kahi Assiette Nui me Une Assiette!". No kēlā me kēia mea e lawe maoli i kēia manaʻo a holo pū me ia, mahalo wau i ka papa ʻaina o ke ola holoʻokoʻa.
E ʻoluʻolu e hoʻokomo i nā mea ʻono.